Tuesday 9 October 2018

Surrendering Surrender

Lord I believe, help my unbelief.
Matthew 9:24

    This is just a thought, and perhaps it is confusing. I was thinking of all the things that I can surrender to Christ -- attitudes, careers, finances, time -- but before I surrender any of that, first I need to surrender my surrender. Let me change the above verse, "Lord I surrender, help my unsurrender." If I think I can surrender my life to God myself, then I am not fully surrendered. I'm taking the credit of my surrender. No, instead let my prayer be, "O God, I need your Grace to surrender. Help me, in your mercy to surrender all to you."

I hope this makes sense. It's a good thought in my head, but when I try to put it to paper it really isn't as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. 😃