Monday 8 October 2018

Surrender

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Philippians 2:5.

    Often, I believe this verse is quickly read as we haste onto the favourite verses accounting Jesus' great humility. But let us meditate on this first verse. "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus." Think about that.

    I want to put a few posts up over the next few weeks. It will just be a few simple thoughts on surrender. May this be as an introduction. And may I, as I study this concept, become a surrendered individual, one who is in total obedience to the Word of God.


    I want to be a servant of God. What does this mean? Giving up my rights, my desires, my pride, my ambitions and everything that can succeed the word "my." After these have been given up, I am free to serve God in any and every way available to me, for my life will become His and will do His will at every second of every day.

    Why would I want to become such a slave? I have been so created by God that in service I am fully complete, and in selfishness I am completely empty. To have any trace of selfishness brings emptiness, dissatisfaction and unhappiness. In serving the Master and all those around me, although at times uncomfortable, I find true joy. How is this? Well, it is simple. I am made in the image of God. God became a servant to man. In God is found the source of joy, happiness, love, satisfaction, success, fulfilment and hope. In becoming a servant I become like Christ and therefore become full of all these wonderful blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. 😃